Wednesday, June 24, 2009

RESPONSE TO SHAINA week 6

Shaina,

Some women are just not at a point in their lives where they have the luxury of being able to work at home, or take off from work to spend time with their children. I have been very lucky when it comes to the amount of time I get to spend with my mother. My father owns a company, and my mother works for the company from home, so growing up my mother was basically always around when I needed her. I realize this isn't the norm, and to be honest, that scares me. Because that is the way I grew up, and I loved it, I am terrified that one day (not for a little while!) when I finally have children of my own, I won't be there for them when they need me. I need to realize that my home situation was not the norm, and that a child is capable of being perfectly fine without having their mother at their beckoned call.
This does not by any means, mean that these mothers who aren't able to spend as much time with their children, should be considered cold, or not dedicated. However maybe it's true. Maybe they aren't good mothers, and just don't care enough to make adequate time for their children. Unfortunately sometimes, that is the case. But then again maybe it's not. Maybe these women care SO much about their children, that they word extra hard now, in order to make money to ensure their child a better future.
Either way, people really need to learn all the facts before they start opening their mouths!

1 comment:

  1. I agree!! I feel like women sometimes have to be torn about wheter to work or stay home with there childern. It is such a hard choice to make because you work so harc for your career but you also don't want to miss your child's life. Not to mention you don't want to leave your child at a day car when they could be home with you. I agree that people need to get the facts before making opinoins. My parents had to both work. They got divorced when i was 9 and my mom had to work even more to keep our household running. Poeple should never comment unless they have walked in the other persons shoes!!

    ReplyDelete