Monday, June 22, 2009

RESPONSE TO MARIA week 4

Maria,

I really enjoyed this post because it is something that I deal with on a day to day basis. While I do not completely hate my body, I definitely do have my insecurities. I try my best to not let it show that I am insecure, but sometimes I find that it is very hard not to. While women like to think that all men are like your friend, and only have a strong physical attraction to super models, it is not necessarily true. Yes, that may be his particular type of woman, but women come in all different shapes and sizes, and so do men's opinions of what they find attractive in a woman. However, no matter what a man tells you about your body, whether it is good things or bad, it doesn't matter until you are comfortable with yourself. My boyfriend tells me everyday that I am perfect the way that I am, but there are parts of me that I would like to work on, in order to feel more comfortable about myself. I admire you for being more concerned with the happiness of your state of your mind and soul, rather than with your appearance, but I understand the difficulty that comes along with doing so. Media has made it very hard for women to accept themselves the way they are. We just need to get past our insecurities, and understand that media's representations are false, and we are real, and that is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment